This is the first of a three-part series about Breakfast, Obesity & Juvenile Diabetes. Please take the time to write a comment or relate some personal experience -- help us make a connection through your stories.
- Improves Concentration and Focus
- Weight Control (more on this later)
- Better absorption of vital nutrients
- Helps boost energy levels
- Sustainable Strength and Endurance
- May help lower cholesterol levels
- Promotes a Positive Mental Attitude
- Blood Glucose Management for everyone not just Diabetic
For children, eating breakfast dramatically affects their abilities with regards to concentration, problem solving skills, better focus, creativity, and their immune system. Imagine being a teacher and dealing with the possibility that 1 in 2 children sitting in a classroom come to school without having eaten breakfast, and are therefore being ill-prepared to learn.
More details can be found by visiting the Mayo Clinic site.